Beaded Chair. Yoruba, Nigeria
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Description and Significance:
Handmade from tiny glass beads, this stunning Yoruba beaded chair from Nigeria is a true masterpiece. Each bead is meticulously threaded and stitched directly onto the fabric that covers the wood frame. The beading technique used in this chair has a long history in Yoruba tradition and was originally reserved exclusively for the king and queen.
Despite its ancient origins, this beading technique continues to be used today and remains a hallmark of Yoruba craftsmanship. The result is a truly magnificent piece of furniture that showcases the artistry and skill of the Yoruba people.
Country of Origin:
- Hand crafted in Nigeria
Dimensions (in inches):
- Depth: 22"
- Width: 23"
- Height: 43"
- Seat Height ( distance from floor to seat): 18"
- Thousands of Glass Beads
- Fabric and Wood
- Shipping is calculated on a case by case basis. This is because sometimes a custom crate is needed. We also want to make sure to get you the best shipping quote so we price out rates after purchase. For a shipping estimate on this chair, please give us a call! 212-838-3650 or email email@example.com
- Due to the size of these chairs, we cannot include shipping in our prices.
- Free delivery in New York City is available.
- Delivery in the greater New York area is available. Please contact us for pricing.
- We ship around the world! Our website is still new and is not yet processing automatic international shipping rates. Please contact us directly for custom shipping quotes outside the mainland USA, (including Hawaii and Alaska).
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-838-3650 with the SKU # for further information on this piece.
About Interior Design at Hemingway Gallery:
Hemingway Gallery and Safaris serves as an unequaled reliable ethical source for creative designers and their clients. We value partnerships with individuals who are open to making a statement with their artistic and historic artifact design choices. Our clients are among the most discerning curators of fine art and notable objects in the world. 45 years of experience allows us to provide creative hands-on collaboration in assessing the critical acquisition and design decisions of the client. We do this by considering indoor/ outdoor space, other works of art in the vicinity, lighting, and the client’s preferences and goals. We engage with each client to create experiences, making the process less transactional and more relationship oriented. The diaspora of Africa and the safari-home aesthetic can be applied to any space to brilliantly accentuate home lifestyle.
Our pricing correlates directly to the asking prices of our suppliers and artists in Ethiopia and the costs of importing furniture to the U.S. We do offer discounted pricing for our to-the-trade clients. Please contact us directly for more information.