Welega Chair, Ethiopia
Shipping calculated at checkout.
This style of chair is from the Welega province in the western part of Ethiopia. It is carved from a single block of wood.
Country of Origin:
- Hand crafted in Ethiopia
D:19" W:19" H:36" Seat Height: 18"
- Depth x Width x Height
- Seat Height: distance from floor to seat.
- Sustainable wood from the Wanza Tree (Cordia Africana). The Wanza tree is a common plant that grows across the continent of Africa. It can reach 30 meters high and has a distinct crooked trunk.
About Interior Design at Hemingway Gallery:
Hemingway Gallery and Safaris serves as an unequaled reliable ethical source for creative designers and their clients. We value partnerships with individuals who are open to making a statement with their artistic and historic artifact design choices. Our clients are among the most discerning curators of fine art and notable objects in the world. 45 years of experience allows us to provide creative hands-on collaboration in assessing the critical acquisition and design decisions of the client. We do this by considering indoor/ outdoor space, other works of art in the vicinity, lighting, and the client’s preferences and goals. We engage with each client to create experiences, making the process less transactional and more relationship oriented. The diaspora of Africa and the safari-home aesthetic can be applied to any space to brilliantly accentuate home lifestyle.
- Due to the size of these chairs, we cannot include shipping in our prices.
- Shipping is calculated on a case by case basis. This is because sometimes a custom crate is needed. We also want to make sure to get you the best shipping quote so we price out rates after purchase. For a shipping estimate on the large pieces including chairs, please give us a call! 212-838-3650 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Free delivery in New York City is available.
- Delivery in the greater New York area is available. Please contact us for pricing.
- We ship around the world! Our website is still new and is not yet processing automatic international shipping rates. Please contact us directly for custom shipping quotes outside the mainland USA (including Hawaii and Alaska).
Our pricing correlates directly to the asking prices of our suppliers and artists in Ethiopia and the costs of importing furniture to the U.S. We do offer discounted pricing for our to-the-trade clients. Please contact us directly for more information.
Please email us at email@example.com or call 212-838-3650 with the SKU # for further information on this piece.
All sales are final. We take returns for store credit on a case-by-case basis. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hemingway African Gallery expertly packs all pieces. In the occurrence of an accident, all damaged items must be reported to us within 3 days of delivery. Hemingway African Gallery is not responsible for artworks damaged by the shipping carrier. We do not accept refunds and returns of the damaged products. If you purchase insurance ahead of shipping (recommended), we will file a claim with the shipping company for you.
You are responsible for all shipping costs (including crating and insurance), calculated on an actual cost basis. Because of this, buyers will be contacted, after the sale, with shipping options for large artworks.
Hemingway African Gallery works with carriers including USPS, FedEx, and Service By Air as well as several fine art handling companies. FedEx Ground is the standard shipping used unless otherwise planned. Oversized orders may be packaged and shipped specifically for and arrive via freight service. We strive to find the best, safe rate for your shipment.
Hemingway African Gallery is not responsible for carrier delays due to adverse weather conditions or any other unavoidable situations that may result in the carrier being unable to deliver packages.
International Shipping Taxes:
For all shipping methods outside the US, duty and taxes are payable upon receipt of package. This is a fee that your country charges for delivery of packages coming in from all outside countries and will vary depending on the individual country you live in. Hemingway African Gallery is not responsible for any duty and tax fees due. Please check with your local postal carrier for an estimate on what this charge may be prior to placing your order.
Forms of Payment:
Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Paypal, Checks, Cash, and Wire Transfer.
New York State Sales Tax:Orders shipped to addresses within the state of New York are subject to a 8.875% sales tax unless you provide a sales tax exemption certificate.